Confident disciples in the joyful service of their church and community actively promote the welfare of all who are vulnerable. We can work together to prevent harm from occurring. This is Safeguarding.
Safeguarding is the responsibility of everyone who participates in the life of this Church.
- Promoting a safer environment and culture
- Safely recruiting and supporting all those with any responsibility to children and vulnerable adults
- Responding promptly to every safeguarding concern or allegation
- Caring pastorally for victims/survivors of abuse or other affected persons
- Caring pastorally for those who are the subject of concerns/allegations of abuse and other affected persons
- Responding to those that may pose a present risk
If you are concerned that someone you know is at risk of, or is being abused, or presents a risk to others, please seek advice from a Safeguarding Adviser or if necessary report the matter to the Local Authority Social Care Services or the Police without delay.
Local contacts available to speak to if you have any concerns:
- Revd Stephen Buckman, Parish Priest (01476 550884; firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Nick Dawes, Safeguarding Officer (01778 591220; Nick.Dawes@Brown-co.com)
- Debbie Johnson, Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser (01522 504080/81; email@example.com)
- Local Authority Social Services (01522 782111)
If there is immediate risk or danger please contact the police on 999.
- NSPCC: 0808 800 5000
- Childline: 0800 1111
- Stop It Now: 0808 1000 900
- NAPAC: 0808 801 0331
- Samaritans: 116 123
- Family Lives: 0808 800 2222
- National Domestic Violence Helpline: 0808 2000 247
- Action On Elder Abuse: 080 8808 8141